Thursday, February 25, 2016

Unit 7 Reflection

Unit 7 Reflection

In Unit 7 during the Conservation biologist project I think I was assertive because in the beginning when we were figuring out what to do as a topic some of us were headstrong so it was a little difficult to agree on a topic. We first went with my idea which was the Empty Quarter desert. When I went to the bathroom they changed it and decided to make it the Pacific Ocean. When I find out about that I was calm and I didn't argue because I knew I needed to compromise and at the end it works great for all of us. The collaboration overall I thought was a good partnering because my partners and I worked hard in class so we wouldn't have to do any at home so that was motivation for us to work harder. 

This unit unlike last semesters units focused on the bigger picture. We learned about ecology and the study of species. We also looked at factors that affect population like immigration and emigration, births, deaths, and disease. Population is the average year by year number of people living in a area. Physical changes to the environment can also change population. For example volcanoes in Hawaii can change how many people leave and the area change that can affect land people live on.
In food chains there are trophic levels and only 10% of the energy of a trophic level gets transferred to the next level. The levels of organization are first individual/organism, population, community, ecosystem, biome, and lastly biosphere which is the highest level.

http://avahooman.blogspot.com/2016/01/new-years-goals-i-will-do-better-on-my.html
This is my blog post for my New Year goals and my first goal was to do better on my biology tests. I was going to accomplish this by studying ahead of time instead of the night before, and really understanding the concepts from the vodcasts when I watch them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment